Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Cell (IEDC) Recognized by Kerala Start-up Mission & KTU
The formal Inauguration IEDC was held on 3rd March 2016 by Shri. Adv. Sivadasan Nair M.L.A. After the inauguration
function a keynote address by Mr. Anoop P Ambika (Chief Executive Officer-Cognub decision solutions Secretary - Group of technology
companies, Technopark). The function was felicitated by Mr. Vishal & Mr. Akshai, Kerala Start Up Mission (Formerly Technopark
Technology Business Incubator, T-TBI).
IEDC is a non-profit separate independent central facilitating centre with in the institution formed to promote the Innovation and entrepreneurship among the students and thus equipping them to be job providers rather than job seekers as they pass out of the institution.
"To be an independent central support cell with in the institution, irrespective of the branch/department, catering to the needs of young entrepreneurs with innovative ideas of national/international importance and societal needs"
"To develop institutional mechanism with required infrastructure to create entrepreneurial culture in the institution that enable students and faculty to innovate and prototype their innovation with support from Govt., industry and other academic institution to foster growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the faculty and students"
Objectives of the IEDC
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of enterprise building to budding Science and technology (S&T) Entrepreneurs.
- To create Entrepreneurial culture in the Institution and other institutions in the region, including programmes related to supporting weaker sections of the society and sustainable product development.
- To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship through student projects.
- To catalyse and promote development of S&T knowledge-based enterprises and promote employment opportunities in the innovative areas.
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level.
- To conduct and coordinate Innovation and Entrepreneurship extension activities like :
- Organizing Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes, Faculty Development Programmes and Skill Development Programmes in the institution for the benefit of S&T persons.
- Organizing design contests among students from all branches evaluate projects for promotion
- Establishing a Patent filing facility and support facility
- Helping students to commercialize the products with licensing or technology transfer
Functions of IEDC
- To organise Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes, Faculty Development Programmes and Skill Development Programmes in the college/institution for the benefit of S&T persons.
- To initiate five innovative student projects each year for new innovative product development.
- To organize Innovation, Design and Business Plan Competitions among the students and faculties to uncover their hidden creativity and innovation skills to discover new innovative design project ideas.
- To act as a bridge between the young budding student entrepreneurs and the various Govt. funding and entrepreneurship promoting agencies, angel investors, Technocrats, mentors, start-up facilitators etc., and thus to guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies, etc.
- To arrange interaction with entrepreneurs and create a mentorship scheme for student entrepreneurs.
- To act as a motivator to foster culture of entrepreneurship amongst students.
- IEDCs would also sensitise the management of the institution regarding the importance of entrepreneurship and integrate their funding and activities with the entrepreneurial interests of the Institution.
- (Principal College of Engineering Aranmula)
- Nodal Officer
- (Faculty member nominated by the Principal, preferably with industrial/research experience)
- Student Co-ordinator:
- (Nominated from among the students by the Nodal Officer, Approved by the Principal and accepted by the student representatives)
- Student Representatives:
- (Students from each semester and branch)
- (All the Project Guides as well as the Technical Experts who are nominated by the Nodal Officer)
The office bearers nominated among the students are selected each year, based on academic & disciplinary merit as well as track record in the participation in the innovative and creative activities and projects in S&T.
The IEDC should meet regularly once in two months. During the academic year.
A special meeting should be arranged in the first week of starting of each semester to discuss & fore-planning the activities of the cell during that semester. The Activity and audit report of the previous year is to be presented by the Student Coordinator or the Nodal Officer in the same meeting.
Nodal Officer- Mr.Sreesh P S, Assistant Professor- Dept.of ME
Contact: +91 7559064094, +91 9497451619 , IEDC E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org